Wantage One Review: Another Wellmont Capital Ponzi spinoff
Wantage One claims to be ‘operated by a Swedish Credit Union‘.
Its operations are managed by Wantage One AB, a subsidiary of Wellmont Capital Group N.V.
Wellmont Capital is part of Antony Norman’s current stable of shell company schemes.
Norman first appeared on BehindMLM’s radar in 2014, as CEO of ViralAngels.
ViralAngels was a short-lived pyramid scheme with a securities fraud backend.
In January 2017 the Angel Business Club Ponzi emerged, and appeared to be a new iteration of the ViralAngels scam.
Norman didn’t publicly front Angel Business Club, but is believed to have been involved through its Angel Equity International (incorporated around the time ViralAngels collapsed).
Angel Business Club as the Ponzi scheme we reviewed in 2017 was again short-lived.
Today it still exists as part of Angel Equity International, but only as a “private equity community”.
Today Angel Business Club claims membership provides “free shares in our exciting portfolio of companies”.
Wantage One appears to be one of those companies. Other companies tied to Wellmont Capital include Bakuhatsu and the The Sprinkle Group.
Read on for a full review of the Wantage One MLM opportunity.
Wantage One’s Products
Wantage One has no retailable products or services, with affiliates only able to market Wantage One affiliate membership itself.
Wantage One’s Compensation Plan
Wantage One affiliates invest funds on the promise of 0.3% to 1.8% weekly returns.
- Affiliate – invest $250 and receive a 0.3% weekly return
- Team Affiliate – invest $500 and receive a 0.7% weekly return
- Ruby – invest $1000 and receive a 0.9% weekly return
- Emerald – invest $3000 and receive a 1.1% weekly return
- Diamond – invest $5000 and receive a 1.5% weekly return
- Blue Diamond – invest $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 and receive a 1.8% weekly return
Note that Wantage One lock investments for fifteen months.
Returns are paid 60% in bitcoin and 40% in “liquid equity tokens”.
Wantage One Affiliate Ranks
There are eleven affiliate ranks within Wantage One’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Affiliate – invest $250 and recruit at least two affiliates who have each invested (one placed on both sides of the binary team)
- Team Affiliate – invest $500 and recruit at least two Affiliates (rank), one placed on both sides of the binary team
- Ruby – invest $1000 and recruit at least two Team Affiliates, one placed on both sides of the binary team
- Emerald – invest $3000 and recruit at least two Rubies, one placed on both sides of the binary team
- Diamond – invest $5000 and recruit at least two Emeralds, one placed on both sides of the binary team
- Blue Diamond – invest $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 and recruit at least two Diamonds, one placed on both sides of the binary team
- Crown Diamond – recruit at least two Black Diamonds, one placed on both sides of the binary team
- Ambassador – recruit at least two Crown Diamonds, one placed on both sides of the binary team
- Crown Ambassador – recruit at least two Ambassadors, one placed on both sides of the binary team
- Global Ambassador – recruit at least two Crown Ambassadors, one placed on both sides of the binary team
Wantage One’s compensation plan ties earlier ranks to investment, however it’s not explicitly clear whether an affiliate can sign up for $100 and progress without investment (recruitment is mandatory).
Wantage One affiliates are paid a 10% referral commission on funds invested by personally recruited affiliates.
Wantage one pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
At the end of each week Wantage One tallies up new investment volume on both sides of the binary team.
Affiliates are paid a 10% residual commission on funds invested on their weaker binary team side.
Note that how much a Wantage One affiliate has invested determines how much they can in earn in residual commissions each week:
- Affiliates earn up to $500 in residual commissions a week
- Team Affiliates earn up to $1000 in residual commissions a week
- Rubies earn up to $2500 in residual commissions a week
- Emeralds earn up to $5000 in residual commissions a week
- Diamonds earn up to $10,000 in residual commissions a week
- Blue Diamonds and higher earn up to $25,000 in residual commissions a week
Once residual commissions have been paid, Wantage One flushed paid out volume from both sides of the binary team.
Any leftover volume on the stronger binary team side is carried over into the following week.
Wantage One pays a Matching Bonus via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Wantage One caps the Matching Bonus at five unilevel team levels.
Ruby and higher ranked affiliates earn the Matching Bonus on residual commissions earned across these five levels as follows:
- Rubies earn a 5% match on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Emeralds earn a 5% match on levels 1 and 2
- Diamonds earn a 5% match on levels 1 to 3
- Blue Diamond earn a 5% match on levels 1 to 3 and 10% on level 4
- Black Diamonds and higher earn a 5% match on levels 1 to 3, 10% on level 4 and 15% on level 5
Global Diamond & Ambassador Pools
Wantage One Diamond and Ambassador rank affiliates earn shares in corresponding Diamond and Ambassador Pools.
Specific details about each pool, other than shares earned are paid out twice a year, are not provided.
Note that the Diamond Pool covers all Diamond ranks, as does the Ambassador Pool cover all Ambassador ranks.
Joining Wantage One
Wantage One affiliate membership is tied to a $250 to $50,000 investment.
There is also a $100 affiliate membership option, however this doesn’t appear to have anything to do with the attached MLM opportunity.
Note that the more a new affiliate invests, the higher their income potential via Wantage One’s compensation plan.
Wantage One claims to generate external revenue through the use of AI trading bots.
This is consistent with all of Antony Norman’s Wellmont Capital scams, which can be traced back to Norman’s acquisition of IQ Chain.
At no point did IQ Chain or any of the subsequently launched Wellmont Capital scams provide any evidence of a bot being used to generate external revenue.
Neither is there any evidence of external revenue being used to pay affiliates, meaning Wantage One is operating as a Ponzi scheme.
Hardly surprising when you consider Antony Norman has been launching fraudulent business opportunities since at least 2014.
In an attempt to woo investors, Wantage One claims to have an underwriting guarantee by Blue Hills Capital.
Blue Hills Capital is a UK corporation that didn’t exist until May 2019.
UK incorporation is dirt cheap and for the most part unregulated. It is a favored jurisdiction for scammers looking to incorporate dodgy companies.
Safe to say Blue Hills Capital isn’t underwriting anything and is just another Antony Norman shell company.
As with the rest of Norman’s Wellmont Capital Ponzi schemes, once affiliate recruitment dries up so too will new investment.
That’ll starve Wantage One of ROI revenue, eventually prompting a collapse.
Not that it really matters, because fifteen months is plenty of time for Norman and friends to do a runner with your money.
Weary of strict regulation in the west, Wantage One states it is “not available” in the US or Canada.
Instead Norman is targeting European investors, namely in Austria and Italy.
At the time of publication Alexa cites Austria as providing 62% of traffic to Wantage One’s website. Italy is second at 26%.
Neither Wantage One, Wellmont Capital, Antony Norman or any of his other shell companies are registered to offer securities anywhere in Europe.
And that’s not the only layer of securities fraud Norman is engaged in through Wantage One.
According to their marketing material, Wantage One are illegally offering investors shares in Wellmont Capital:
Antony Norman apparently “surprised” himself by illegally offering fictional shares in one of his scams through another of his scams. Go figure.