Synterium Review: GectaCoin Ponzi points 12 month ROI scheme
Synterium operate in the cryptocurrency MLM niche. Through E-Trade Hub the company claims to be based out of Poland and primarily marketed marketed across Europe.
A timeline on the Synerium website ties Synterium to Central Marketing Limited, a Hong Kong company purportedly incorporated in early 2014.
E-Trade Hub was founded in Poland in mid 2016, with a partnership between the two companies allegedly formed in mid 2017.
In September, 2017 Synterium was announced.
No information about the corporate structure of E-Trade Hub or Central Marketing Limited is provided.
Synterium identify Valerius Popel as CEO of the company.
Other than identifying him as a Polish businessman and sociologist, Synterium provide no further information on Valerius Popel.
I found no information on Popel myself, other than a few marketing websites referencing his Synterium CEO position. I’m flagging this as highly suspicious.
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
Synterium have no retailable products or services, with affiliates only able to market Synterium affiliate membership itself.
Once signed up, Synterium affiliates invest in GectaCoin points to participate in the attached MLM income opportunity.
GectaCoin is billed as a seperate company from Synterium, although it is represented as being owned by Central Marketing Limited.
GectaCoin appears a script-generated cryptocurrency that is not publicly tradeable.
It is assumed that whoever owns Central Marketing Limited retains full control over GectaCoin, including its €0.1 EUR internal value.
The Synterium Compensation Plan
Synterium affiliates invest in GectaCoin points (GCT):
- GM-10K – invest €500 EUR and receive 10,000 GCT points over 12 months
- GM-20K – invest €1000 EUR and receive 20,000 GCT points over 12 months
- GM-40K – invest €2000 EUR and receive 40,000 GCT points over 12 months
The Synterium compensation plan states that 10 GCT = €1 EUR, equating to a
- €1000 EUR 12 month ROI at GM-10K
- €2000 EUR 12 month ROI at GM-20K and/or
- €4000 EUR 12 month ROI at GM-40K
Referral commissions on GCT point investment is paid out at a rate of 5% down three levels of recruitment.
Synterium pay Leadership Income via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Commissions on the first three levels of the unilevel team are paid out a straight 5% referral commission (as referenced above).
From levels four onward, a sliding percentage commission of 100 GCT (€10 EUR) per affiliate who is recruited and invests is paid out.
- Silver (recruit at least three affiliates who invest) – 5% (ie. 5 GCT (5% of 100 GCT) per affiliate recruited who invests)
- Gold (personally recruit and maintain at least three Silver affiliates) – 10%
- Amber (personally recruit and maintain at least three Gold affiliates) – 20%
- Onyx (personally recruit and maintain at least three Amber affiliates) – 30%
- Amethyst (personally recruit and maintain at least one Onyx and five Amber affiliates) – 40%
- Opal (personally recruit and maintain at least one Amethyst affiliate, two Onyx and three Amber affiliates) – 45%
- Topaz (personally recruit and maintain at least one Opal affiliate, two Amethyst and three Onyx affiliates) – 55%
- Ruby (personally recruit and maintain at least one Topaz affiliate, two Opal and three Amethyst affiliates) – 65%
- Sapphire (personally recruit and maintain at least one Ruby affiliate, two Topaz and three Opal affiliates) – 70%
- Emerald (personally recruit and maintain at least one Sapphire affiliate, two Ruby and three Topaz affiliates) – 75%
- Diamond (personally recruit and maintain at least one Emerald affiliate, two Sapphire and three Ruby affiliates) – 80%
- White Diamond (personally recruit and maintain at least one Diamond affiliate, two Emerald and three Sapphire affiliates) – 85%
- Black Diamond (personally recruit and maintain at least one White Diamond, two Diamond and three Emerald affiliates) – 90%
- Royal Diamond (personally recruit and maintain at least one Black Diamond affiliate, two White Diamond and three Diamond affiliates) – 95% (ie. 95 GCT (95% of 100 GCT) per affiliate recruited who invests)
To count toward rank qualification, downline affiliates must have at least one current 12 month investment contract.
Synterium reward affiliates who qualify at the Silver and higher ranks as follows:
- qualify at Silver and have a total downline of ten or more affiliates and receive a “Powerstation mini universal battery”
- qualify at Gold and have a total downline of fifty or more affiliates and receive a “HDD Porsche design 4TB”
- qualify at Amber and have a total downline of one hundred or more affiliates and receive a “Smart watch by worldwide-famous brands”
- qualify at Amethyst and have a total downline of five hundred or more affiliates and receive an “iPhone X 256”
- qualify at Opal and have a total downline of one thousand or more affiliates and receive a “MacBook pro 15″”
- qualify at Ruby and have a total downline of four thousand or more affiliates and receive an “exclusive watch”
- qualify at Sapphire and have a total downline of ten thousand or more affiliates and receive a “business class car”
- qualify at Emerald and have a total downline of twenty-five thousand or more affiliates and receive an “executive class car”
- qualify at Emerald and have a total downline of forty-thousand or more affiliates and receive “apartments located in EU or on islands”
- qualify at Diamond and have a total downline of sixty thousand or higher and receive a “luxury class car”
- qualify at White Diamond and have a total downline of one hundred thousand or more and receive a “yacht”
As with Leadership Income, for downline affiliates to count toward Career Bonus qualification criteria they must have a current 12 month investment contract.
For Synterium affiliate rank qualification, refer above to “Leadership Income”.
Synterium affiliate membership is tied to investment in one of three affiliate packages:
- GM-10K – €500 EUR
- GM-20K – €1000 EUR
- GM-40K – €2000 EUR
The primary difference between the three packages in higher income potential via the Synterium compensation plan.
Synerium presents itself as your typical Ponzi points scheme.
Note that GectaCoin differs from legitimate cryptocurrency, as evidenced by the “guarantee” of increased value;
We have adopted the Guarantee Fund. This “Rise Over Market” technology of GectaCoin will guarantee constant rate increase.
For obvious reasons, this is not how legitimate cryptocurrency works.
Moving on the MLM opportunity, Synterium affiliates sign up and invest in GectaCoin.
GectaCoin is wholly controlled by Synterium, who assign it an internal value of €0.1 EUR.
This reduces GectaCoin to nothing more than a vehicle to pay Synterium affiliates a twelve-month ROI on invested euro through:
- invest €500 EUR and receive a €1000 EUR ROI
- invest €1000 EUR and receive €2000 EUR ROI
- invest €2000 EUR and receive €4000 EUR ROI
The ROI is cashed out through Synterium, whose only verifiable source of revenue is new investment.
Using newly invested funds to pay existing affiliates a twelve-month ROI makes Synterium a Ponzi scheme.
Seeing as it relies on new investment to continue to pay out, Synterium incentivize new investment through recruitment commissions. This adds an additional pyramid layer to the scheme.
As with all Ponzi schemes, once affiliate recruitment slows down so too will new funds entering the system.
This will starve Synterium of ROI revenue, eventually prompting a collapse.
The math behind Ponzi schemes guarantees that when they collapse, the majority of participants lose money.
The murky corporate structure of Synterium suggests that, through lack of disclosure, the scheme has been set up to maximize investor losses when it collapses.