Engage Global launched in 2014 and operate in the health and nutrition MLM niche.
The company is based out of Utah in the US and headed up by co-founders Jason Golly (CEO) and David Nemelka (Chairman).
On the Engage Global website Nemelka is credited as a “venture capitalist” and Golly a “direct sales expert”.
Prior to launching Engage Global, Golly was President of Global Sales at Trivani.
Trivani launched in late 2008 and was acquired by Ariix in 2011.
After launching in a few Asian countries under the Trivani brand, it appears to have been merged with Ariix’s business and eventually ceased operating under its own name.
I wasn’t able to pin down exactly when Golly left Trivani/Ariix. I wasn’t able to find anything linking Golly to Ariix, suggesting he left during or shortly after the merge.
Read on for a full review of the Engage Global MLM opportunity.
Engage Global Products
On their website Engage Global cite product development dating back to 2002.
In 2002, Dr. Prasad and his colleagues—who also had interest and expertise in micronutrients developed a groundbreaking formulation that was proven to attack and reduce oxidative stress and inflammation at their source.
Dr. Prasad’s work had gained the attention of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) after a post-9/11 DOD study had shown that military personnel serving in the field under extreme conditions were more likely to suffer the effects of oxidative stress and the illnesses caused by it.
After gaining the confidence of DOD officials, Dr. Prasad and his colleagues garnered $12. 5 million in Congressional funds and more than $11 million in private funding to validate the product’s efficacy.
More than a dozen studies later—including seven human clinical trials, some of which were conducted on individuals exposed to extreme conditions—the formulation was proven to protect and repair the body at a cellular level, significantly supporting the prevention and reduction of oxidative stress and inflammation in the body.
Following the validation process, the DOD ordered a substantial quantity of the formulation, initially named Military Micronutrient Formula (MMF), to use with military personnel.
But because Dr. Prasad and his colleagues realized the potential implications that this product had for everyone, they soon began to explore the possibility of taking their revolutionary formulation to people around the world.
When David and Jason met with a representative of Dr. Prasad, they were initially presented with a number of products that were derivatives of the MMF formulation—but not the original product.
Over the next few months, David and Jason worked feverishly to secure the worldwide licensing rights to the MMF formulation, which they ultimately did.
Dr. Prasad serves as Engage Global’s Chief Scientific Officer.
Two MMF formulations are featured on the Engage Global website; Micro Daily and Protein Daily.
Micro Daily is marketed as a general daily supplement that supports
- antioxidant activity
- healthy skin cells
- the cardiovascular system
- better delivery of Vitamin E to the brain
- cardiac function
- neurological function
- gastrointestinal function
- liver function and
- immune function
As the name suggests Protein Daily is a protein shake supplement containing whey and whole egg protein, as well as essential amino acids, citrulline (converts to arginine) and insoluble and soluble fibers.
Note that retail pricing is not provided to the public on the Engage Global website.
There is a “buy now” button on product pages, however clicking it requires a visitor to login with an Engage Global account.
The Engage Global Compensation Plan
The Engage Global compensation plan combines retail commissions with a residual unilevel backend.
A generational bonus extends residual unilevel commissions, with a match and rank achievement bonus also available.
Engage Global Affiliate Ranks
There are thirteen affiliate ranks within the Engage Global compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Engage One – generate 50 PV a month, recruit at least one affiliate and have a monthly downline volume of at least 200 GV
- Engage Two – maintain 50 PV a month, recruit at least two affiliates and have a monthly downline volume of at least 300 GV
- Engage Three – maintain 50 PV a month, maintain at least two personally recruited affiliates and have a monthly downline volume of at least 700 GV
- Liberty One – generate 100 PV a month, recruit at least three affiliates and have a monthly downline volume of at least 1500 GV
- Liberty Two – maintain 100 PV a month, recruit at least four affiliates and have a monthly downline volume of at least 3000 GV
- Liberty Three – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain at least four personally recruited affiliates and have a monthly downline volume of at least 6000 GV
- Freedom One – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain at least four personally recruited affiliates (one Liberty Three or higher) and have a monthly downline volume of at least 10,000 GV
- Freedom Two – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain at least four personally recruited affiliates (two Liberty Three or higher) and have a monthly downline volume of at least 20,000 GV
- Freedom Three – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain at least four personally recruited affiliates (two Liberty Three and one Freedom One or higher) and have a monthly downline volume of at least 50,000 GV
- Legacy One – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain at least four personally recruited affiliates (two Liberty Three and two Freedom Two or higher) and have a monthly downline volume of at least 125,000 GV
- Legacy Two – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain at least four personally recruited affiliates (two Freedom Three and one Legacy One or higher) and have a monthly downline volume of at least 350,000 GV
- Legacy Three – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain at least four personally recruited affiliates (two Legacy One and one Legacy Two or higher) and have a monthly downline volume of at least 1,000,000 GV
- Ambassador – maintain 100 PV a month, maintain at least four personally recruited affiliates (two Legacy Two and one Legacy Three or higher) and have a monthly downline volume of at least 3,000,000 GV
Recruited affiliates must be “active” to satisfy rank qualification criteria.
The Engage Global compensation plan doesn’t explicitly define an active affiliate, however I believe it’s tied to generating a minimum 50 PV a month.
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail customer orders and an affiliate’s own purchase of product.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline.
Engage Global pay affiliates a 20% commission on retail customer orders.
The Direct Bonus pays 20% on a retail customer or recruited affiliate’s first order.
Engage Global pay residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Engage Global cap payable unilevel levels at eight, with commissions paid out as a percentage of sales volume across these eight levels.
- Engage One affiliates earn 7% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Engage Two affiliates earn 7% on levels 1 and 2
- Engage Three affiliates earn 7% on levels 1 to 3
- Liberty One affiliates earn 7% on levels 1 to 4
- Liberty Two affiliates earn 7% on levels 1 to 5
- Liberty Three affiliates earn 7% on levels 1 to 6
- Freedom One and higher ranked affiliates earn 7% on all eight available levels
The Infinity Bonus permits an Engage Global affiliate to earn beyond the first eight levels of their unilevel team.
The Infinity Bonus pays out a percentage of sales volume generated beyond the first eight unilevel team levels based on rank:
- Freedom One affiliates earn a 1% Infinity Bonus
- Freedom Two affiliates earn a 1.5% Infinity Bonus
- Freedom Three affiliates earn a 2% Infinity Bonus
- Legacy One affiliates earn a 2.5% Infinity Bonus
- Legacy Two affiliates earn a 3% Infinity Bonus
- Legacy Three affiliates earn a 3.5% Infinity Bonus
- Ambassador affiliates earn a 4% Infinity Bonus
Team Bonus Match
The Team Bonus Match is a generational matching bonus paid on downline residual commissions.
The Engage Global compensation plan defines a downline generation when a Freedom One or higher affiliate is found in a unilevel leg.
This affiliate caps off the first generation, with the second beginning immediately after.
If no further Freedom One or higher ranked affiliates are found in the generation, the second generation extends down the full depth of the leg.
If another Freedom One or higher ranked affiliate exists deeper in the leg, the second generation is capped off and the third begins.
Using this generational structure, an Engage Global affiliate can earn a Team Bonus Match on up to four generation in each unilevel team leg:
- Freedom One affiliates earn a 15% match on the first generation
- Freedom Two affiliates earn a 20% match on the first and second generation
- Freedom Three affiliates earn a 20% match on the first to third generations
- Legacy One affiliates earn a 20% match on all four available generations
- Legacy Two affiliates earn a 25% match on all four available generations
- Legacy Three affiliates earn a 30% match on all four available generations
- Ambassador affiliates earn a 35% match on all four available generations
Rank Achievement Bonus
Engage Global reward affiliates who qualify at the Engage Three and higher ranks with the following Rank Achievement Bonuses:
- qualify at Engage Three and receive $100 ($100 also paid to the immediate upline)
- qualify at Liberty One and receive $150
- qualify at Liberty Two and receive $300
- qualify at Liberty Three and receive $600 ($600 also paid to the immediate upline)
- qualify at Freedom One and receive $1000 over two months
- qualify at Freedom Two and receive $2000 over three months
- qualify at Freedom Three and receive $5000 over four months
- qualify at Legacy One and receive $12,500 over five months
- qualify at Legacy Two and receive $35,000 over six months
- qualify at Legacy Three and receive $100,000 over ten months
- qualify at Ambassador and receive $300,000 over twelve months
Joining Engage Global
Engage Global affiliate membership is $29.95.
As far as I can tell Engage Global’s “Military Micronutrient Formula” appears to be a real thing.
To what extent Engage Global’s MMF is identical to that developed for the military though I can’t say.
Engage Global has retained as Executives of its Medical Advisory board Dr. Gerald Haase and Dr. James Erlich, two of the medical doctors on the original development team, to maintain consistency and quality.
What differentiates MMF as a multivitamin from your regular multivitamin is also unclear.
Although soldiers and astronauts are exposed to extreme environments, ultimately they’re still human. Which means they’ve got the same nutritional requirements as the rest of us.
And that leaves me wondering how much of the “developed for the Department of Justice” marketing angle Engage Global use is just marketing spin.
The lack of retail pricing on the Engage Global website is of concern.
I was able to ascertain that the wholesale price of one pack is about $40. I assume there’s about 30 capsules in a pouch because this isn’t stated on the packaging or Engage Global website.
So that’s $40 for a multivitamin capsule, which as far as I can tell doesn’t have any differentiating factors to competing multivitamins, other than having development partially funded by the DOJ.
That might be a hard sell to your average consumer looking to boost their general nutrient uptake.
As far as the protein shakes go, again this is another highly competitive market.
Engage Global’s Protein Daily shakes don’t seem to share the same military formulation lineage, so that means they’re competing directly with other protein shake manufactures.
Definitely compare Protein Daily’s ingredients and price with locally available alternatives.
I wasn’t able to ascertain the cost of a Protein Daily price (not even wholesale), but to their credit Engage Global do provide full ingredient lists for both Protein Daily and Micro Daily.
Moving onto the compensation, Engage Daily offer a relatively straight forward unilevel plan with generational residual.
It’s not a bad plan however nothing really stood out.
MLM commission qualification requires a minimum 50 PV a month, with none of this required to be retail.
Upon initial inspection nothing really stood out as recruitment orientated within the Engage Global compensation plan.
But how the MLM opportunity is marketed both by Engage Global and its affiliates is somewhat concerning.
What we’re trying to establish is whether or not the majority of sales volume generated each month is affiliate purchases or retail customer orders.
A 2017 marketing document published by Engage Global corporate provides some insight.
In the document Engage Global claim affiliates can “reap big rewards” by “hitting Engage 3 in 30 days”.
This is achieved by signing up purchasing an “Engage Pack” to generate 100 PV, and recruiting three other affiliates who do the same within 10 days.
According to the Engage Global affiliate signup page, 100 PV equates to a $199.80 purchase of product.
As you can see above, affiliate pack purchases are combined with a $19.95 retail customer order.
That’s one affiliate generating $19.95 in retail customer orders, versus $799.20 in affiliate purchases.
If this is even a remotely accurate representation of revenue generation within Engage Global, without a doubt the company is operating as a pyramid scheme.
Engage Global affiliate marketing also reveals promotions where affiliates are incentivized to sign up with $500 and $1000 “packs”, to qualify to earn recruitment commissions when those recruited do the same.
During the months of June, July, and August Engage Global is also announcing a 2nd generation bonus paid from the Fast Start Packs ($50) and Fast Start Builder Packs ($100) sponsored by your personally-sponsored members.
Here is how it works:
1. A personally sponsored Fast Start Member enrolls a new member with a Fast Start Pack ($500) you will earn a $50 bonus.
2. A personally sponsored Fast Start Member enrolls a new member with a Fast Start Builder Pack ($1000) you will earn a $100 bonus.
As you can see earning a bonus on what your personally sponsored members are doing can add up very quickly leading to some very nice bonuses!!
These sort of bonuses are typically paired with affiliate autoship recruitment. That is affiliates buying 100 PV of product each month to earn on downline affiliates doing the same.
Given the marketing examples above, I wouldn’t at all be surprised if this is the case.
Prospective Engage Global affiliates are encouraged to ascertain this for themselves.
You can gauge whether affiliate autoship is taking place by asking your prospective upline how they’re generating their monthly PV requirement.
If it’s through their own purchase with no equivalent retail order PV, it’s safe to assume they’re earning by recruiting affiliates on autoship.
This is a business model to avoid, as an MLM company without significant retail activity taking place is defined as a pyramid scheme.
Overall with Engage Global you’re looking at questionable products within their respective niches, a decent enough compensation plan but marketing slanted towards affiliate autoship recruitment.
Approach with caution.